The Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence offers travel grants, which partially support the travel, the accommodation and the meal expenses, for the participation of students in the scientific event
TIME 2014 – 21st Symposium on Temporal Representation and Reasoning
All candidates should
- be enrolled in a Bachelor, Master or PhD program or be recently graduated from a Bachelor/Master program;
- be a member of AI*IA for 2014;
- have good English skills.
The candidates should send the travel grant application to firstname.lastname@example.org (by email) by August 31, 2014
The application should include:
- the personal data, the phone number and the email address;
- a one-page (at most 500 words) curriculum vitae of the candidate.
- Bachelor/Master students should include the average mark; recently graduated students should include the graduation mark;
- a letter from a researcher/professor including an assessment of the current status of the candidate (i.e., student/recently graduated);
- a budget estimating the travel, accommodation and meal expenses (excepting the symposium registration fee that cannot be refunded by the grant)
- the amount of the requested grant (that must be lower than 600 euros and lower than or equal to the estimated budget).
The applications will be evaluated by the commission formed by
- Carlo Combi (organizing committee of the event)
- Gabriele Pozzani (organizing committee of the event)
- Fabrizio Riguzzi (AI*IA board of directors)
The commission will evaluate the submitted applications, and will select the students that will receive travel grants on the basis of the following priorities
- bachelor and master students and, among these, according to the average of their exam grades
- recent graduates
- PhD students
The selected students will have to confirm their participation in the symposium in 2 days. After the event, the selected students will have to send a scanned copy of the certificate of attendance and of the receipts of their travel, accommodation and meal expenses for which they ask reinmboursement, to the AI*IA treasurer Sara Manzoni <email@example.com> together with their IBAN account number.
Moreover, they have to send the originals of the receipts by mail to the
Dott. Marco Ori
Studio associato Mancaruso
Via S. Mamolo 29
For additional information on this call, please contact Carlo Combi (by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)